Friday, March 5, 2010

More Vintage "Style" Than Vintage "Fashion"

"Fashion fades, only style remains the same." --Coco Chanel

I'm not sure if that is the exact quote, but I like it as a basis for my explanation of my blog.

I adore vintage and antique fashions; more accurately, fashions of the first half of the twentieth century. That is what I'll be focusing on. A large problem exists for me, and others like me: even if I could afford genuine vintage clothing, many times the materials are so delicate that actually wearing them could prove impractical. Something I'm always trying for when shopping for clothes (usually at second hand stores :D) is to find "the look." I try to find modern clothing which will hold up under modern wear, but still have that vintage charm. Sometimes it's remarkably easy to find clothes that reflect fashions of decades past--the issue is what to keep an eye out for. I'm going to try to focus on that for this blog, as well as general retrospection on fashions of 1900-1950s.

I'm new to blogging but once I get used to this and figure out what I'm doing, I'll soon be posting photos and blogging like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment