Saturday, May 8, 2010

Broken Ring

This is the ring of my grandmother's. I am not sure if it was her wedding ring or engagement ring, as I have seen wedding rings from the 1940s that look just like this, but another ring was with it that looks more like a wedding band (see bottom photo).


Slightly blurred photo, but you can see the art deco design.


The ring is cracked, and see that lip on the top? That's a piece of metal that was bent away... D: My grandmother told me that it caught on the handle of an oven.It's also a little warped, don't know if this photo shows that well enough. What you can't see here is that there is some type of corrosion on the inside of the ring that I'll have to clean off. I'll need some kind of gentle cleanser for that--it's a very delicate piece of jewelry.

Here is the other ring that was with the broken one. This one is intact; it looks more like a wedding band to me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow holy cow, those are just gorgeous rings. I didn't know what I was expecting but I LOVE the design on the first one. I really hope you can find a way to get it repaired.

    Hey, I don't have school anymore so I have more time to work on your perfume drawing. I just need you to send me what you wanted me to change again since I deactivated my facebook and didn't save the message. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of finding some kind of glue for it. :O Uhhh...haha, I think some research is needed in this department.

    Hooray for perfume art! I will copy and send the facebook messages I sent you through my yahoo mail, t_cup17@yahoo.com, I'm doing it right now. Thought I would tell you in case your email thinks it is spam! :O

    ReplyDelete