Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday!  A lady never admits her age, so you'll all just have to guess.  ;)  There is no snow here and today is quite a temperate day.  That's a lovely birthday gift to wake up to.

How busy I have been.  I'm planning out some lip palettes for the holidays!  The colors that I'm going to feature are:

1. A light coral-pink.

2. A brownish red (my 'Rita' shade, reformuated)
3. Pearly pink.
4. Cranberry red!
5. Plum.

The cranberry and plum shades are hard to pull off, as I'm using a new iron oxide that I'm still getting acquainted with.  It's amazing how just a little bit of this will make the formulation very dark.




This was the initial cranberry shade I came up with, but it was much darker on my lips and too close to another of my lip rouges, 'Paulette'.  So I'm going to try more of a cranberry juice color, rather than cranberry sauce.  That being said--have you ever noticed how many different shades of "cranberry" there are?  Cranberry sauce and dried cranberries are not the same color as cranberry juice, and fresh cranberries are a different story altogether.  Wow!  Well, it's a challenge that I'm up for.  When I finish, I plan to name this rouge after that lovely actress, Gene Tierney.



Gene Tierney


My aforementioned glosses turned out well.  I made some glittery ones for Halloween.

 
'Marilyn' lip gloss.  


'Empress', one of the glosses featured in the Halloween collection.  Claudette Colbert as Cleopatra is on the label. 



I also got out a book I wrote a couple of years ago, and I had wanted to try to copyright it last year--I'm so glad I didn't!  I have found tons of inconsistencies and silly things that need to be cut.  Grateful to no longer be so emotionally attached so I can finally make the necessary changes, I've been obsessing over that and working everyday on it.  It's actually helping my mood a little bit.  I mentioned in a previous post that I was feeling anxious, but it has made me feel happier, calmer, more optimistic.


What do you think of my 1950s hairstyle?  No, I did not cut my hair; this is all done with hair rolls!  I wanted to try something a little bit different from my usual '40s look.


Need to work on perfecting my "winged" eyes, I think.




1 comment: